Monday, November 22, 2010

Demonstration Speech of how to make Pizza Burgers

I, of course love to eat, so I decided to watch a movie about how to make pizza burgers.  This was an interesting video to say the least.  I found it to be a poor speech.  The speaker did not make much eye contact at all.  He was either always looking at his speech on paper or looking up at the slides.  I think he could have done a better job of memorizing his speech and looking at his audience more, making more of a connection with them.  I also think that he was very quiet.  He did not seem to be projecting his voice much at all.  Just by the video we do not know the size of the room but he seems to be speaking very quietly.  He also uses many place holders like 'ummm' or 'welll'.  Normally these mean that the people do not know what is next in their speech and need to memorize it more.
There were a few positives that he did very well.  I did like his use of slides.  I think he chose good pictures that help demonstrate how to make his burgers.  I thought it was a good idea to show it step by step of what the burgers would look like.  I also thought he did a very good job of describing the steps.  He did well going into depth on how to put them together and how to make them.  I did like how he added that ingredients were all to taste and the variability in the ingredients.  The only step I thought he didn't do to great on was his step on browning the meat.  Many people have no idea how to brown hamburger and I think that he should have gone more in depth instead of just saying you put it in a pan and wait until its not pink anymore.   I thought it was an average speech overall.  He made a good product which makes it a better speech.


<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AHNz6dapgHw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AHNz6dapgHw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

No comments:

Post a Comment